Not seeing your Litecoin
or Bitcoin Cash?
Here's how to find your payment status...
In Part I we explored in detail how to lookup Bitcoin transactions made through our ATM network.
Those instructions also apply to any other transaction you make or any other exchange you buy from (including our own BitQuick.co online service!). However, for currencies other than Bitcoin the process is slightly different.
In Part II, we will look at how to lookup Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash transactions!
When you follow the steps at the ATM to buy any currency (see our guide to using an ATM or watch our video on our Instructions page) you’ll receive a receipt via the method you select. If you don’t receive a receipt for some reason just contact us! Unlike with Bitcoin, your Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash transactions will broadcast within a few minutes of finishing at the ATM.
Athena ATM Receipt
Do you see the address information in the image to the left? This is the address you actually scanned or typed in at the ATM and where the bitcoin (in this case) is being delivered.
If you printed a paper wallet then you should have received a second paper slip. The address on your receipt will match what’s on the paper wallet instead. Click the button below to visit our special guide for handling paper wallets!
slip. The address on your receipt will match what’s on the paper wallet instead. Click the button below to visit our special guide for handling paper wallets!
I have my receipt, but I still don't see my crypto....
You can look up to see if your purchase has actually arrived on the related network and, if so, whether or not it has been confirmed. This process is pretty easy. The address on your receipt should match the address you scanned or typed in at the ATM (except in the case of paper wallets). You’ll need to lookup this address on a block explorer, which is simply a website for viewing the related crypto network.
Address lookup on Blockchain.info. This is the same address from the example receipt above. Newest transactions are on top and the oldest on the bottom.
1. Visit Chain.so/LTC in a browser on your mobile phone or desktop computer. You should see a search box. This is where you want to paste or type in your address.
2. Once you search for an address you should see details for that particular address. Pay attention to the transactions list farther down the page. Look for a transaction that matches the LTC purchased amount on your receipt.
See the end of this post for help interpreting the results.
Bitcoin Cash Transactions
1. Visit Explorer.Bitcoin.com in a browser on your mobile phone or desktop computer. You should see a search box. This is where you want to paste or type in your address.
2. Once you search for an address you should see details for that particular address. Pay attention to the transactions list farther down the page. Look for a transaction that matches the BCH purchased amount on your receipt.
How to interpret the results.
- If a transaction is still unconfirmed (not yet finalized by the network), then an unconfirmed warning will appear next to the transaction and/or the number of confirmations will be shown as zero. For both Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash confirmations should come quickly and not really interfere with your use of your coins, but some destinations may require a confirmation before crediting your account or fulfilling your order.
- If the transaction appears in the block explorer but you don’t see it in your wallet, then this means you have technically received your purchase, but your wallet is having a problem recognizing it. This usually just means that your wallet is having trouble connecting to the internet. Close your wallet app and restart it. Sometimes rebooting your phone will help. Make sure you have a tested, working internet connection before you reopen your wallet. Private (home) WiFi will provide the best connection.
- If you still can’t see your transaction in your wallet after following the above steps, there is often an option in the Settings menu of your wallet to force a rescan of your addresses. Directions vary by wallet app. If you need help just contact us!
- If a transaction hasn’t yet broadcast / hasn’t yet arrived at this address, then you will not see a transaction matching the LTC or BCH amount on your receipt. This means we have yet to send out your purchase. This will usually not happen for these currencies unless something has gone wrong on our side. Give us a call, chat, or email and we’ll work to make things right!